Considering the importance of monitoring news and security events and making decisions about them, the need for a monitoring system for news and security events is strongly felt. The main task of such a system is to collect news from various sources and display them together with a simple user interface. Cert Specialized Center of Shahrood University of Technology has tried to help the news prioritization process by developing an extension, categorizing and tagging news in addition to gathering news from various sources and continuously updating news sources by developing an alert system.
By Hoshyar almost all the news and security events in the world in one place, the alert system facilitates the process of monitoring and dealing with the news and security events. In this system, all types of news including vulnerabilities, malware, cyber threats, security warnings, penetration techniques, information disclosures, changelogs, etc. are monitored on various platforms including social networks, websites and messengers. So far, the news of 172 different sources have been monitored in the Hoshyar system.
According to the figure below, by selecting a source or tag, the system displays a list of news titles of that source or tag along with the initial part of the news text. By clicking on the news title, the user will be directed to the web page of the source.
Figure 2 shows the six labels created in the Hoshyar system.
The Hoshyar system provides the possibility of writing composite filters based on the observation source and automatically performing operations on the filtered news. Figure 3 shows the filters and rules written in the Hoshyar system.
This system also provides the possibility of categorizing news sources. Figure 4 shows this category.
Other features of this system include the following:
- Real-time news coverage of social networks such as Twitter and messengers such as Telegram channels
- Pruning old news and dynamic display of new news based on priorities such as novelty and news importance
- The possibility of adding any type of news source to monitoring sources, including Dark Web sources
- Classification of features of a news
- The possibility of automatic tagging of news based on keywords
- Ability to search for a specific word in the news through regular expressions 
- The possibility of informing at the moment of the news through email and social networks
- Access to banned news sources
- Ability to leave comments for news
- The possibility of sharing news sources with other feed servers
- Support for various news feed formats (RSS and Atom)
- Support for mobile, desktop and web platforms
- Ability to write plugins with various functions
- Ability to define users with different accesses
- Ability to manage account through API
 Regular Expression